2020 Women’s European Championships entries confirmed
Women’s European Championships (June 7 – 13, 2020 – Friuli, Italy)
Following on from Ireland’s 8th place finish at the 2019 European Championships, Ireland are a seeded team in the 2020 tournament and automatic qualifiers for the “A” European Championships. The top 8 teams from 2019 will be joined by 4 qualifiers from the 2020 preliminary tournament. In total 22 nations have entered the tournament and a full list of entered countries may be found by clicking here.
The 2020 tournament in an exceptionaly important for a number of reasons including targeting:
- Maintaining Ireland’s “A” European Championships Ranking
- Qualification for 2021 Women’s World Cup
- Qualification for 2021 World Games (Birmingham, Alabama)
- Qualification for European Super 6 Tournament
- Maintaining Ireland’s World Ranking point
The draw for Euro 2020 will be made at the WBSC Europe Congress on February 8, 2020.